What do you need to know?
The new MS-39 investigations device is capable of performing complex and detailed corneal investigations required for laser refractive surgery and accurate keratoconus diagnosis. We are pleased to be the first clinic in Romania to offer these investigations to patients.
What you need to know about MS-39
The MS-39 is a high-performance OCT and topographer that provides a superior level of corneal detail and analysis. HD images provide more detail, excellent resolution and reveal the structure of the cornea down to the last detail.
We can then make the best possible treatment decisions, and rule out certain diagnoses, with the help of this multidisciplinary device. It is mainly used in cases of refractive surgery, suspected keratoconus, glaucoma, lens implants and even dry eye syndrome.
With MS-39, epithelial and stromal tissue can be examined separately from each other – particularly useful prior to transepithelial treatments or during keratoconus screening or postoperative lenticule evaluation. High-resolution sections also allow more accurate analysis of the depth of corneal opacities and assessment of corneal surface abnormalities.
In addition to high-resolution cross-sectional images of the cornea, the MS-39 also provides imaging details of the iridocorneal angle, iris and lens. This allows for an informed diagnosis that is individually tailored to the patient and makes laser treatment even safer.
Benefits of the MS-39 device
- Cross-sectional images with an extremely large diameter of up to 16 millimeters can be displayed for the entire anterior segment of the eye.
- Highly detailed measurement of the corneal structure in all its layers
- High-precision pachymetry and elevation information, curvature and dioptric power, each in relation to the surface of the anterior and posterior corneal surface
- Greater diagnostic certainty due to in-depth information about the epithelium
- Highly accurate representation of the epithelial map, with a resolution of 3.6 micrometers thanks to spectral domain technology
- Excellent image quality for the anterior segment of the eye up to 16 millimeters in diameter
- The MS-39 allows a highly detailed overview of the cornea, including corneal aberrations.
- Screening for keratoconus – provides important data on the cornea and can make a preoperative contribution to avoiding possible complications associated with ectasia.
- The calculation module for intraocular lenses, based on ray-tracing technology, is excellent for planning the treatment of the eyes treated or untreated with refraction.
- The placement of intrastromal rings can be precisely planned using pachymetry maps and a corneal elevation profile.
- Glaucoma screening used in the diagnosis and monitoring of glaucoma
- The built-in function captures pupil diameter dynamically or statically, depending on the defined lighting conditions. Accurate pupil center and pupil diameter data are essential for planning and performing most refractive treatments.
- Lens biometry – Lens thickness and lens position in the eye can be accurately determined to support IOL calculation refinement
- Dry eye analysis – Placido technology allows analysis of the tear film condition. This information provides support in diagnosing the symptoms of “dry eye”.